Retr0brite Experiment: Final Results

I have the Retr0brite experiment final results.  I woke up this morning and went into the Apple II Lab to see what was cooking.  What I found was the body of my joystick control covered in a crusty Retr0Brite shell.  I gathered a bowl of water and began deglazing the components and giving them a final clean.  I have to say I have found the process to be a worth while venture and am eager to begin the next project.  What do you need to know?  The process is easy, you can get all the information you need to know from Merlin at the Retr0brite Wiki, there is no stink, no nasty chemicals, and now I am positive that the weaker 3% solution is just as effective.  I think that for me the hardest supply to find was a uv light source. I snagged it at Wal*Mart for $10.00.

Image demonstrating Retr0brite Experiment Before and After

This image dramatically displays the transformation from abused to beauty.

Having worked out all the hitches in my Retr0brite experiment and confident that the next process will be very smooth, I am looking forward to what fate may have in store for me by the means of my poll.  In addition to documenting the process with pictures, I am also interested in making a time lapse series of the days I spend refurbishing the next machine.  And I am very eager to see the results I am imagining right now.  You can see more of the results on my Retr0brite Flickr set.  If you are interested you can also help decide what the next thing I Retr0brite will be:

One thought on “Retr0brite Experiment: Final Results”

You are one of the few that has achieved this level. Do not leave it unsung.